The 4th Street Food Co-op is open. We intend to keep serving our community while responding to changing conditions. We support evidence-based public health measures to flatten the curve of COVID-19’s impact and are paying attention to ordinances from federal, state, and local agencies.
We have bolstered our hygiene protocols to minimize risk to members and shoppers. To that end, we are limiting the total number of people in the store to four at any one time. We will close to shoppers during cleaning and while we process deliveries, which have doubled in size to meet increased demand. These (and future) measures will likely impact shopping; they’ll also help keep the co-op open. Your understanding is appreciated.
We ask that you do your part in protecting our community. Our goal is to get shoppers in and out as quickly as possible, so that we may serve more people and decrease person-to-person time:
- Come prepared with a shopping list, minimize conversation, and have only 1 person from your household do your shopping, when possible.
- Use our sink to wash your hands with soap before you shop or work a shift, after eating, using the toilet, or after touching your face. If someone asks you to wash your hands, please do – we’re in this together. If a skin condition precludes handwashing, take a new pair of disposable gloves and replace as needed to avoid cross-contamination while in the store.
- Try to leave 6 feet between yourself and others when you’re in the store. You’re welcome to step outside while you wait for your turn at the register; just let us know.
- Handle your own groceries at the register when shopping.
- If you need to eat while on shift or shopping, step outside to do so.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, please do so in your elbow if you do not have a tissue. If you use a tissue, dispose of it in the trash and wash your hands again.
We ask that you do not enter the co-op if you’re unwell, especially if you have a fever, cough or trouble breathing. Local volunteers have organized free shopping and delivery service for those in need. Contact email@example.com or https://www.invisiblehandsdeliver.com.
We’ll continue to update information. Feel free to call ahead to make sure we are open or ask what’s in stock at +1 212 674-3623.