October 15, 2022:
Our co-op’s working membership recently voted to revise our mask policy. This was determined through ranked-choice voting and will be implemented starting Saturday, 10/15. We will revisit this policy and take another vote in January 2023.
- Capacity: 6 people (shift workers and shoppers combined)
- Handwashing/sanitizing: required
- Masks required on entry for the *first hour every day AND as required by any member during their shift.
Monday: 12 – 8PM
Tuesday: 12 – 8PM
Wednesday: 4 – 8PM
Thursday: 12 – 8PM
Friday: 12 – 8PM
Saturday: 1 – 6PM
Sunday: 12 -7PM
Grocery delivery and pickup:
The co-op is continuing to offer home delivery for high-risk individuals, including the elderly, pregnant, and immunocompromised. A few of our working members are volunteering to deliver groceries to those who live within a 1-mile radius of the co-op; depending on the weight of the groceries and the distance, there may be a fee to help cover cab fare. We are also offering shoppers the option to pre-order groceries for pickup. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll continue to post further updates. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and support.
We’ve changed open hours to manage larger deliveries while maintaining safe staffing levels at the co-op.
Store hours (updated 12/8)
Please call to confirm: 212.674.3623
Monday: 12 to 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 12 to 6 p.m.
Wednesday: 4 to 7 p.m. (We’re opening later to stock.)
Thursday: 12 to 6 p.m.
Friday: 12 to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 1 to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 12 to 7 p.m.
For more about our response , see our Response to COVID-19.
During this public health crisis, the co-op is offering free home delivery for high-risk individuals, including the elderly, pregnant, and immunocompromised. A few of our working members have volunteered to deliver groceries to those who live within a 1-mile radius of the co-op. We are also offering shoppers the option to pre-order groceries for pickup. If interested, please email email@example.com.
The 4th Street Food Co-op is open. We intend to keep serving our community while responding to changing conditions. We support evidence-based public health measures to flatten the curve of COVID-19’s impact and are paying attention to ordinances from federal, state, and local agencies.
We have bolstered our hygiene protocols to minimize risk to members and shoppers. To that end, we are limiting the total number of people in the store to four at any one time. We will close to shoppers during cleaning and while we process deliveries, which have doubled in size to meet increased demand. These (and future) measures will likely impact shopping; they’ll also help keep the co-op open. Your understanding is appreciated.
We ask that you do your part in protecting our community. Our goal is to get shoppers in and out as quickly as possible, so that we may serve more people and decrease person-to-person time:
- Come prepared with a shopping list, minimize conversation, and have only 1 person from your household do your shopping, when possible.
- Use our sink to wash your hands with soap before you shop or work a shift, after eating, using the toilet, or after touching your face. If someone asks you to wash your hands, please do – we’re in this together. If a skin condition precludes handwashing, take a new pair of disposable gloves and replace as needed to avoid cross-contamination while in the store.
- Try to leave 6 feet between yourself and others when you’re in the store. You’re welcome to step outside while you wait for your turn at the register; just let us know.
- Handle your own groceries at the register when shopping.
- If you need to eat while on shift or shopping, step outside to do so.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, please do so in your elbow if you do not have a tissue. If you use a tissue, dispose of it in the trash and wash your hands again.
We ask that you do not enter the co-op if you’re unwell, especially if you have a fever, cough or trouble breathing. Local volunteers have organized free shopping and delivery service for those in need. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or https://www.invisiblehandsdeliver.com.
We’ll continue to update information. Feel free to call ahead to make sure we are open or ask what’s in stock at +1 212 674-3623.