The 4th Street Food Co-op is open. We intend to keep serving our community while responding to changing conditions. We support evidence-based public health measures to flatten the curve of COVID-19’s impact and are paying attention to ordinances from federal, state, and local agencies.
We have bolstered our hygiene protocols to minimize risk to members and shoppers. To that end, we are limiting the total number of people in the store to four at any one time. We will close to shoppers during cleaning and while we process deliveries, which have doubled in size to meet increased demand. These (and future) measures will likely impact shopping; they’ll also help keep the co-op open. Your understanding is appreciated.
We ask that you do your part in protecting our community. Our goal is to get shoppers in and out as quickly as possible, so that we may serve more people and decrease person-to-person time:
- Come prepared with a shopping list, minimize conversation, and have only 1 person from your household do your shopping, when possible.
- Use our sink to wash your hands with soap before you shop or work a shift, after eating, using the toilet, or after touching your face. If someone asks you to wash your hands, please do – we’re in this together. If a skin condition precludes handwashing, take a new pair of disposable gloves and replace as needed to avoid cross-contamination while in the store.
- Try to leave 6 feet between yourself and others when you’re in the store. You’re welcome to step outside while you wait for your turn at the register; just let us know.
- Handle your own groceries at the register when shopping.
- If you need to eat while on shift or shopping, step outside to do so.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, please do so in your elbow if you do not have a tissue. If you use a tissue, dispose of it in the trash and wash your hands again.
We ask that you do not enter the co-op if you’re unwell, especially if you have a fever, cough or trouble breathing. Local volunteers have organized free shopping and delivery service for those in need. Contact email@example.com or https://www.invisiblehandsdeliver.com.
We’ll continue to update information. Feel free to call ahead to make sure we are open or ask what’s in stock at +1 212 674-3623.
We’ll be closed New Years Eve and New Years Day. Happy holidays.
We’ve got the following Hip Pop popcorn flavors in stock:
* Vegan caramel corn
* Onion dill
* Paprika smoked sea salt
It’s veganly organic, started in the hood of Williamsburg. Hip Pop is made 100% from coop ingredients and popped in coconut oil.
We’re closing early Saturday May 25th at 3pm for inventory, so please come and shop early. Make sure to stock up because we’re also closed Monday May 27th for Memorial Day.
Jen’s Little Pies are delicious, delectable little treats that we’ll start selling Saturday March 23rd for $6 each. These apple, blueberry, and coconut pies are made with organic ingredients available at the co-op, except for the organic wild blueberries that are not available in the store.
Continue reading “Organic Apple, Blueberry, and Coconut Pies”
The Lefferts Community Food Co-op needs help to become financially stable, add more products, and improve their store. Please support their efforts by donating or sharing their campaign with your network. We need more co-ops, not less!
To help celebrate Earth Day and support your efforts to reduce your plastic footprint, we’re stocking Life Without Plastic reusable utensils, bags, and containers.
Continue reading “Life Without Plastic”
Greene Hill Food Co-op recently lost their lease and needs to relocate. They’re running an IndieGoGo campaign to raise $30k to underwrite increased rent and moving costs. Please support their efforts by sharing or donating if you can.
Join the 4th Street Food Coop today and save when you shop with us all year round.
Our nonworking memberships start at $60, but if you have 2.25 free hours a week and can work at the coop when we have an open shift, you can join as a working member. Working memberships start at $48. We also offer low-income working memberships and shared working memberships if you’d like to alternate a weekly shift with a friend. Orientations occur every month and it’s all up to you–no pressure–though we hope you’ll join us.
Continue reading “Get a Healthy Start”
Fruits and Vegetables
All of our produce is grown to meet or exceed organic standards — we do our very best to source produce that is locally grown and responsibly produced for the farmer, consumer and environment. Our prices are not-for-profit.
Continue reading “Produce”